CLICK HERE TO READ MY NEW CRAFT BLOG »

Pages

What's for Dinner: Single Skillet Chicken and Shells

I've been meaning to post some of the yummy recipes I've been trying out lately. I think I've only actually posted one in this blog... and that was several months ago. When I get around to it I'll also post the chicken enchilada recipe I tried last week.

So here's what we tried last night. :)

Single Skillet Chicken and Shells

I found this recipe on whatsfordinner.net and I modified it just a little. It was super easy to throw together and you can make this as spicy or as mild as you'd like. Took about 20-30 minutes to prepare and it served 4.







1 pound cooked chicken (I used 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast that I cooked and chopped up in a frying pan)
1 can tomatoes, diced
1 package pasta shells
2 cups water
1-2 stalks cilantro, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dill weed (I didn't have any so I left it out)
1/4 cup salsa



* I also added a small can of rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained. It added a bit more flavor and spicyness to the meal.
  1. Combine all ingredients in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until pasta is tender and most of the water has been absorbed (about 15 minutes). Stir occasionally.
  2. Serve. 
Wasn't that easy?


image via whatsfordinner.net
4 Responses
  1. yum... i am so going to try this, except gluten free style with corn noodles! i need quick and easy!!


  2. Kathleen Says:

    This sounds great. Love the combination!


  3. you've been given a blogger award!! pick it up at my blog!!
    http://linzandemma.blogspot.com/2010/04/id-like-to-thank-academyjust-kidding.html


  4. amy in peru Says:

    ooh! that looks easy and yummy! I'm gonna snag it! thanks for sharing!

    amy in peru