CLICK HERE TO READ MY NEW CRAFT BLOG »

Pages

Has It Been a Year Already?

With our one year anniversary fast approaching (October 16th) I've been thinking a lot about how much my life has changed... Not just this past year, but the past several. I've got to say, this has certainly been one of the best! I'm happy and most importantly my kids are happy.

I cannot express in words how much I appreciate my husband and our new life together. I am so thankful for everything that he's done for me, the boys and our family. He stepped in and stepped up when he really didn't have to. He's more than just a step dad to Camron and Brady. In fact, the words 'step dad' never enter my mind unless some one else points it out. He IS their dad. Period.

Josh has been here for us since Brady was only 4 months old and Camron was 2.5 years old. Josh was the one there who witnessed all of Brady's major milestones. Rolling over, crawling, sitting up, pulling up, standing up, walking, talking, etc. He has been there for Camron in all the ways a dad should be there for his son... teaching him how to be a good big brother and showing him right from wrong.

Josh is the one who provides for us and makes sure we're never going without any of life's necessities. When Camron needs new shoes or clothes it's Josh who takes him out shopping. When Brady needs more diapers it's Josh who comes with us to the store.

My marriage to Josh is such a sharp contrast to my previous marriage... I was always doing things on my own. Very, very rarely did we ever do anything as a family. Even after Camron was born. Josh on the other hand, wouldn't have things any other way. He comes home right after work every day so we can eat together at our dinner table as a family. He spends every weekend with us doing something as a family. All of the grocery shopping is done as a family. He insists on doing it all with us. (Of course there are times now and then where we each go do our own thing, but it's not the norm.)

Now don't get me wrong, it's not all rainbows and unicorns 24/7. We have had our ups and downs... like every couple. I'm sure there are plenty more disagreements and petty little fights in our future... (mainly because we're both so hard headed!) But we handle them and we move on (because we also easily forgive and forget).

I'm looking forward to all the years to come as we enter new chapters in our lives. I have no doubt that Josh will be right there by my side through it all. He has definitely come through for me and our boys and I couldn't be happier. I love him so much and I'm thankful that Heavenly Father helped guide us to one another (because I have no doubt that he had a hand in all of this). He knew just what I was looking for and needed in a husband and I am so thankful I have found everything and more in Josh.

Happy Anniversary Babe. <3
3 Responses
  1. That is awesome!!Happy almost anniversary!
    Considering how many dads end up only being sperm donors it is amazing how Josh has stepped up to the plate. I always say anyone can be a father but you have to earn the title of Dad-which it sounds like he has!


  2. Mckell Says:

    Hi My Name Is Mckell and I somehow stumbled across your blog. I am also a divorced mom and have two little girls ages two and five. I read a little bit about your story and could relate so much to it. I have since found a wonderful guy and have gotten remarried also. What a blessing that has been for me and for my daughters. I am glad you have been able to find that same happiness and also expecting a new little one that is wonderful. I was so glad to find your blog and see that you have been through alot of what I have been through so I hope you dont mind me checking out your blog from time to time. Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one who has ever been divorced with kids, I just don't know hardly anyone who has been through this so to deal with it on my own has been a stuggle. The thing I have learned from Divorce/Visitation/Child Support all of that stuff its not going to go away for another 16 years for me. So I have to make the best of the situation for my kids. Although it is heartbreaking when my Ex comes to pick my girls up for his weekend visits and I have to let them go. I really, really, struggle when they are gone. So yes hard times are still there for me but my life now is so much more happy than it was when I was in my first marriage. Sorry I left such a large comment but I think your blog is so great and it touched me so, Thanks You~ and Happy Anniversary to you guys :)


  3. SurferWife Says:

    OHHHHH my Gosh. I haven't been here in so long. I had no idea you were pregnant!

    Are you still living here? Or have you moved?