CLICK HERE TO READ MY NEW CRAFT BLOG »

Pages

What's For Dinner: Asian Beef and Noodle

Last night I wasn't sure what to make for dinner. It's getting close to grocery shopping day and I'm running out of food. I have to make a lot of what ever I cook because Josh eats a lot and we're also having my best friend's husband stay with us for a few weeks.

I remembered a recipe from this book I have called, 5 Ingredients or Less. It's called Asian Beef and Noodle. It's pretty good when you're on a tight budget and need to be able to feed a big family. It's also super easy to throw together at the last minute.


  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 (3-ounce) packages Oriental-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
  • 2 cups frozen vegetable mixture, such as broccoli, carrots, red peppers, water chestnuts
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
  1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Remove beef with slotted spoon; season with one seasoning packet from noodles. Pour off drippings.
  2. Place noodles in skillet. Add vegetable mixture, 2 cups water, ginger and remaining seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
  3. Return beef to skillet; heat through. Stir in green onion.

    Makes 4 servings.


Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.

3 Responses
  1. Sandy Says:

    That looks really good and super easy!

    Stopping by from SITS to welcome you! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!


  2. Just Lisa Says:

    I have that cookbook, too! I love that everything's so easy!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!


  3. Mandy Says:

    YUM! And easy! I'll have to try this one. I came by from SITS to say "welcome" and that we're so happy you joined us!
    -Mandy
    www.gourmetmomonthego.com