CLICK HERE TO READ MY NEW CRAFT BLOG »

Pages

My Very Own Time Capsules

I was 19 when I first got married... When Ronnie and I got our first apartment together my mom was really excited... Not because I was actually leaving, but because I could now take all of the crap I had been storing at her house with me!

One day shortly after I moved out she decided to clean out my old room and pack everything up in some big plastic tubs. The very next day she unloaded them all at my new apartment. We had hardly anything in our apartment at the time and these huge plastic containers went straight into my closet... and there they sat until we moved.

Each and every time we moved to a new place (I believe it was a total of 5 different places... plus the few times we had to put our things in a storage unit...) I would just haul these big tubs along with us. One time I decided that I wanted to go through them. We were living in a 3-story townhouse in military housing. The bottom level had the garage and a HUGE pantry/storage area. (I miss that place... lots and lots of storage there!)
Our empty laundry room - 
Our pantry was the same size

So we had no problem storing them in this place... Anyway, I kinda went through them while we were living there. My mom had them so tightly packed though. I was afraid that if I took it out then I'd never get it all back in. My treasures from my childhood would have to wait. 

They're sitting there waiting still... Not at my old place, but in our storage unit, of course. I'm dying to go through them to see what kind of stuff I might find. I'm pretty sure there's things in there like my old Hanson collection (Yes, I was obsessed with Hanson. I thought for sure I was going to marry Taylor Hanson some day....), old notes from friends, cassettes, VHS tapes, old childhood toys, stuff bought for me from old boyfriends, my diary that I wrote in from high school. I'm sure there's all kinds of old treasures in there.... My own little time capsules. Some day I'll get to go through it all. 

For now, they'll continue to wait for me. I just hope they don't have to wait too much longer. Maybe I'll get the chance to go through once we get to Saint Louis... 

Picture of Hanson stuff borrowed from here: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/inl/1496670189.html
But my collection looks exactly the same! I swear I could have written the post in that link... 


Photobucket
6 Responses
  1. Shell Says:

    I had boxes like that, that moved from place to place with us, without being opened. Though, with this last move, I was determined not to take anything with me unless we actually really wanted it, so I finally went through it all.

    Lots of memories.


  2. i have tubs full of N sync stuff.. I thought I was going to marry lance bass! Fun times! I love looking through my old childhood stuff! Life was much more simple then!!


  3. Tracie Says:

    I hate to move mystery boxes. Too much work for me.


  4. MrsMonicaLB Says:

    sounds exciting cant wait to see what you find in your time capsule.I have my stuff from my childhood in a box in our garage and every once in a while I go out there to get a good laugh or smile at the memories stored.
    got yourself a new follower!


  5. They are going to bring up so many fun memories.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Philip and I have stuff in totes that we lug around too. Our next move is in April and it's unlikely we'll get through it all then either. Ha.